Going to study in the United Kingdom this September? Your excitement must be on cloud 99 now! Well the output of studying in the UK is something that may change your life completely. The education standards and the reputation of UK Degree are praised worldwide.
Surely, as an international student or as a first timer in the UK initially you have to go through some challenges but knowing some important facts and preparing in advance for that situation will ease your life and make your stay comfortable.
Before flying to your dreamland for study there are a couple of things that you should know to make your stay a comfortable one.
Here are a couple of life hacks for you; which you should undergo for at least once. Let’s have a look at the following topics:
- Carefully plan your budget: First and foremost what is important is to estimating your probable cost and balancing between your budget and expenditure. There are University tuition fees and there would be expenditure on your food, accommodation, transportation, medical, and recreation.
- Get along with UK Lifestyle: As you are going to stay in the country for a quite a long amount of time it is suggested to you to get along with UK culture. Here you will get people from whole around the world, and as an international student it would be one of the most exciting parts of your student life there. The weather of the United Kingdom is very cold and windy at the same time, and therefore it is highly recommended for you to keep sufficient warm clothes and raincoat with you.
- Pick the most suitable accommodation for you: For an international student flat, shared house or student halls would be the best solution for accommodation. Try to select a place that is nearest to your University campus and station; so that you can commute faster. Safety, comfort, and budget are the factors that you should consider while you choose on accommodation.
- Use Public Transport: In the UK you are going to experience one of the finest public transportation facility. You can either choose to travel by bus, ferry, train, taxi, airplane or drive on your own. Apart from getting well-managed transportation; you will be surely satisfied by their modern railways and airports too.
- Others: If you like to lead a better life without compromising quality than adopting some small but smart tricks can bring a significant difference. For example instead of calling your home from direct mobile or landline try to use calling apps. At the same way having a bank account, health insurance also will results in saving some extra pound. Another pivotal tip for all international students would be participating in social events and joining University Clubs which will strengthen your network.
No wonder, living abroad is always fun and very much exciting but one thing which you should never forget as an international student while your stay in the UK is to maintain a disciplinary lifestyle. Do not involve or engage in as such activity which violates the laws and regulation of the country. As violating any rules and regulation can cancel your studentship too.